Rx Challenge Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Rx Challenge (the “Rx Challenge”) is open only to those who complete the survey page and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Rx Challenge is only open to USMLE-Rx subscribers (whether trial or paid) and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of MedIQ, ScholarRx, and USMLE-Rx (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Rx Challenge. The Rx Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of USMLE-Rx, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Rx Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. Challenge Period: The first Rx Challenge period ended on August 19, 2018. The second period ended on December 2, 2018. The third period ended on March 3, 2019. The fourth period ended on June 7th. The fifth period ended on September 7th. Entries for the sixth drawing ended on December 8, 2019. The seventh period ended on March 8th. All online entries must be received by June 30, 2020.
4. How to Enter: The Rx Challenge must be entered by submitting an entry using the survey form provided on this Rx Challenge site. The entry must fulfill all Rx Challenge requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the drawing. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of USMLE-Rx. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of USMLE-Rx.
5. Prizes: A single winner will receive a $500 Amazon gift card and a one-hour counseling session with Dr. Tao Le. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for USMLE-Rx to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner selection and notification: A single winner of the Rx Challenge will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. The winner will be notified via email to the email address the winner used to enter the Rx Challenge within five (5) days following the winner selection. USMLE-Rx shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Rx Challenge is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE RX CHALLENGE AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that USMLE-Rx, anyone acting on behalf of USMLE-Rx, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Rx Challenge, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: USMLE-Rx reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Rx Challenge should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Rx Challenge. In such case, USMLE-Rx may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by USMLE-Rx. USMLE-Rx reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Rx Challenge or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
USMLE-Rx has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Rx Challenge, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Rx Challenge rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Rx Challenge may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, USMLE-Rx reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Rx Challenge you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from USMLE-Rx. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless USMLE-Rx and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Rx Challenge and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS RX CHALLENGE IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND KENTUCKY, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Rx Challenge, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Rx Challenge, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in KENTUCKY having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Rx Challenge), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
1811 N Dixie Ave.
Elizabethtown, KY 42701
Requests must be received no later than July 10, 2020.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Rx Challenge is USMLE-Rx, 1811 N Dixie Ave., Suite 104, Elizabethtown, KY 42701, United States